from: Sunshine Request <[email protected]>
to: Kathleen Breedlove – HR <[email protected]>
date: Aug 31, 2020, 4:16 PM
subject: Records Request: (August 2020) Request for “Tax dollars spent on Confederate statue” in Jackson County, NC as of 08/25/20
Good afternoon Jackson County Government,
We received another new records request via our site www.sunshinerequest.com for info that may be available in your office. If there’s another party that we should be contacting about this request then please let us know.
Please confirm receipt to let us know the request will begin processing, and if possible, please provide a rough estimate of when the request may be completed. We will plan on following up again around that time.
Here are the details:
Subject: (August 2020) Request for “Tax dollars spent on Confederate statue” in Jackson County, NC as of 08/25/20
Message: “Hello Jackson County, NC Government,
I’d like to make a public records request for the following information. Please provide all responsive records during the specific time period of June 01, 2020 – August 25, 2020:
1) Please provide an itemized list of all costs related to protective measures, safety / law enforcement deployment, and discussion / policy related to the Confederate statue located in Sylva, NC near the old courthouse. The costs should include:
– Direct labor of County personnel. [unspecified]
– Contracted services related to installation of chain link fencing, and other contracted services. [unspecified]
– All law enforcement costs. [unspecified]
– County Manager and Staff time allocated to the statues, including items such as time and subsequent costs from site visits, discussion of issue with staff and/or elected officials. This should include County Manager time, County Attorney time, Sheriff’s and law enforcement staff time etc.
2) Please provide all costs related to potential new security systems. [unspecified]
Please breakdown all of the costs requested (#s 1 – 2) by date, if possible.
Thank you for your assistance!”
** Editor’s Note: Sunshine Request makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.
Thank you for your help,
Sent to Government