Other (indicate in message) Submitted: January 11, 2024 | Updated: February 21, 2024

Good afternoon Amy (or MCC Records Officer / Custodian(s) of these Records),

I’m using your form at https://www.montgomery.edu/mcc-public-records-request/ to submit my public records request. However, I want to mention again that the form still requires senders to provide the following fields:

- Name (Required)
- Date (Required)
- Title (Required)
- Organization (Required)
- Address (Required)
- Email (Required)
- Phone (Required)
- Request Description (Required)
- I acknowledge that a fee may be required for the requested information, in accordance with MCC Board Policy 2.3.8.1 (Required)

I’d like to note again that by Law senders are NOT required to provide a name, address, purpose, or any other personally identifying info in order to make a public records request. However, I'll just clarify that this request is being made by:

Sunshine Request
PO Box 17391

The request has been sent solely by me and my email address [email protected] . If anyone other than that email address contacts you to pursue a similar request, it did not come from me. Please do not commingle or treat that as an alteration or cancellation of my request – I intend to continue to pursue my request.

Please note that by submitting this request, I’m NOT agreeing to pay any potential fees or associated costs related to my request. If it isn’t possible to process the request without incurring fees, then please let me know the itemized potential cost and explanations for those charges upfront, and DO NOT proceed until I respond.

SUBJECT:

MESSAGE:
Please reply promptly to the following public records request, which I’m making in accordance with NC Public Records Law. https://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bychapter/chapter_132.html

** I’m simply requesting an electronic copy of an electronic record, if one exists. I’m NOT asking for the opportunity to come in person to "inspect", nor to obtain a printed copy of, this electronic record. I’m requesting explicitly that any responsive info be provided to me via the electronic medium / electronic format (in which the copy of this record should already exist). I know that it should be possible to fulfill a request like this one, as many other community colleges in North Carolina have already done so. If you are unable to fulfill any or all parts of this request, please specifically cite where a reason for denial is justified under NC Public Records Law. **

Please provide the electronic copy of all monthly credit card statements for all “college credit cards” used by the President of Montgomery Community College. During the specific time period of January 01, 2021 through the present day [on the date the query is performed].

Editor’s Note: Sunshine Request makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.

• February 21, 2024 6:05 pm

2 days ago

to: Amy Goodwin <[email protected]>
    cc: [email protected], Chad Bledsoe <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected]
    date: Feb 21, 2024, 6:05 PM
    subject: Re: Following up on my Public Records Request. (January 2024) Request for Montgomery Community College, in Troy NC: All credit card statements for all college credit cards used by the MCC President. From 01/01/2021 – present day.

Good evening Amy, custodian(s) of these records, all others CCced,

I submitted the following public records request to MCC on January 11th at 3:53pm, via your Public Records Requests online form:

SUBJECT

I have not received any response since I submitted the request. Nor have I received a reply to my follow up email in the thread above on January 30th.

Under NC Public Records Law, MCC is required to “promptly” process all public records requests. Essentially, this means that if you are intentionally delaying the fulfillment of a request by allowing it to “sit” until staff has availability to address it, or feels like answering my emails, then this could be considered a denial of a request. With this in mind, I want to highlight the court case referenced in item #6 of the following article, posted on the NC Press Association website. In this instance: “The trial court held that an unjustified one-month delay in production of records was tantamount to a denial”. http://www.ncpress.com/stories/a-bakers-dozen-for-2022nc-public-records-law,2390

Please confirm receipt of my request, and please provide an anticipated date for its completion.

I will follow up again in 1 week. At that point, if I still haven’t heard back, then I will mark this request as having been “Denied” by your organization.

~ The Sunshine Request Team

• January 30, 2024 2:31 pm

to: Amy Goodwin <[email protected]>
    cc: [email protected]
    date: Jan 30, 2024, 2:31 PM
    subject: Following up on my Public Records Request. (January 2024) Request for Montgomery Community College, in Troy NC: All credit card statements for all college credit cards used by the MCC President. From 01/01/2021 – present day.

Good afternoon Amy (or Records Officer / Custodian(s) of these Records),

I submitted the following public records request to MCC on 01/11/2024 at 3:53pm EST, via your Public Records Requests online form [See message copied below]. I have screenshots of my submission at the time it was made.

I have not received any response since I submitted the request. Therefore, I must follow up with you directly via email.

Please confirm receipt of the request to let me know it has begun processing — and please provide an anticipated date for the completion of my request.

I’ll follow up again in 1 week, if I do not hear anything else before then.

~ The Sunshine Request Team
    ————————

“Good afternoon Amy (or MCC Records Officer / Custodian(s) of these Records),

I’m using your form at https://www.montgomery.edu/mcc-public-records-request/ to submit my public records request. However, I want to mention again that the form still requires senders to provide the following fields:

– Name (Required)

– Date (Required)

– Title (Required)

– Organization (Required)

– Address (Required)

– Email (Required)

– Phone (Required)

– Request Description (Required)

– I acknowledge that a fee may be required for the requested information, in accordance with MCC Board Policy 2.3.8.1 (Required)

I’d like to note again that by Law senders are NOT required to provide a name, address, purpose, or any other personally identifying info in order to make a public records request. However, I’ll just clarify that this request is being made by:

Sunshine Request

PO Box 17391

The request has been sent solely by me and my email address records@sunshinerequest.com . If anyone other than that email address contacts you to pursue a similar request, it did not come from me. Please do not commingle or treat that as an alteration or cancellation of my request – I intend to continue to pursue my request.

SUBJECT:

MESSAGE:

Please reply promptly to the following public records request, which I’m making in accordance with NC Public Records Law. https://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bychapter/chapter_132.html

** I’m simply requesting an electronic copy of an electronic record, if one exists. I’m NOT asking for the opportunity to come in person to “inspect”, nor to obtain a printed copy of, this electronic record. I’m requesting explicitly that any responsive info be provided to me via the electronic medium / electronic format (in which the copy of this record should already exist). I know that it should be possible to fulfill a request like this one, as many other community colleges in North Carolina have already done so. If you are unable to fulfill any or all parts of this request, please specifically cite where a reason for denial is justified under NC Public Records Law. **

• January 11, 2024 3:53 pm

1 month ago

**01/11/24 Editor’s Note: We submitted the request below to Montgomery Community College’s public records request form at 3:53pm EST on 01/11/2024.

You can see a screenshot of the submission, and the response message we received from their website, above in our “Documents” section (File Name:“01/11/24 Form Submission.zip”).

We will follow up again in another week or so, if we haven’t received a response.

Thank you for using Sunshine Request!

“Good afternoon Amy (or MCC Records Officer / Custodian(s) of these Records),

– Name (Required)

– Date (Required)

– Title (Required)

– Organization (Required)

– Address (Required)

– Email (Required)

– Phone (Required)

– Request Description (Required)

Sunshine Request