Other (indicate in message) Submitted: July 6, 2022 | Updated: August 10, 2022

Good afternoon Lee County, NC Government and Sheriff's Office (Records Officer),

I'd like to make a multi-part public records request for the following information under NC Public Records Law.
Ref: https://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bychapter/chapter_132.html

A. Please provide ALL emails from Lee County Sheriff's Office employees Kevin Spivey ([email protected]) and Lee Whitaker ([email protected]) sent to or received from any and all of the following email addresses:

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

During the specific time period of January 01, 2022 to June 27, 2022.

This request is not subject specific.

B. Please provide any and ALL messages of any kind from any department issued devices assigned to Kevin Spivey and Lee Whitaker, sent or received from any contacts that include any portion of the following names:

Scott Drew, Leon Nelson, Kevin Spivey, Charles "CJ" Jones, Leon Godlock, Marcus Miller, Brian Heintz, Herbie Stubbs, Larry Whitaker, Nicki Artis, Harold Bright, Lindsay Welch, Michelle Archer, Todd O'Neal, Pete Locklear, Scott Grantham, Dallas Hicks

During the specific time period of January 01, 2022 to June 27, 2022.

This request is not subject specific.
——————

I am not required to provide a name or address to associate with a public records request, but in order to move things along I’d like to clarify that this request is being made by:

Sunshine Request
PO Box 17391

The request has been sent solely from the email address [email protected] . If anyone other than that email address contacts you to pursue a similar request, it did not come from me. Please do not commingle or treat that as an alteration or cancellation of my request – I intend to continue to pursue my request.

Please note that I cannot commit to sign any forms or pay any potential fees / associated costs related to any request. If it is not possible to process the request without incurring fees, then please let me know the itemized potential cost.

** If you are unable to fulfill any or all parts of this request, please specifically cite where a reason for denial is justified under NC Public Records Law. **

Status: Government Processing Request

• August 10, 2022 5:54 am

1 week ago

from: John Crumpton <[email protected]>
    to: Sunshine Request <[email protected]>
    cc: Brian Estes <[email protected]>,
    Jennifer Gamble <[email protected]>,
    Hailey Hall <[email protected]>
    date: Aug 10, 2022, 5:54 AM
    subject: RE: Records Request: (July 2022) Multi-part request for Lee County, NC Sheriff’s Office: Employee emails and messages 01/01/22 – 06/27/22

I know the response is in process. I will copy her on this response so that they know you have followed up.

Thank you.

Dr. John A. Crumpton

Lee County Manager

Lee County Government | 408 Summit Drive | Sanford, NC 27330

919-718-4605 | [email protected]

Status: Government Processing Request
  • August 9, 2022 3:41 pm

1 week ago

to: John Crumpton <[email protected]>
    cc: Brian Estes <[email protected]>,
    Jennifer Gamble <[email protected]>
    date: Aug 9, 2022, 3:41 PM
    subject: Re: Records Request: (July 2022) Multi-part request for Lee County, NC Sheriff’s Office: Employee emails and messages 01/01/22 – 06/27/22

Good afternoon John,

Thank you for your reply back on July 18th, and for forwarding this request to Jennifer Gamble.

I wanted to check in to see if there was any update to report? I will plan on following up again at the end of the month if I don’t hear back before then.

Appreciate your help.

• July 18, 2022 6:20 am

from: John Crumpton <[email protected]>
    to: Sunshine Request <[email protected]>
    cc: Brian Estes <[email protected]>,
    Jennifer Gamble <[email protected]>
    date: Jul 18, 2022, 6:20 AM

The proper person to contact for Public Requests is Jennifer Gamble, Deputy County Attorney and Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners. I have forwarded your request to her for review.

Thank you.

Status: Government Processing Request
  • July 14, 2022 3:32 pm

1 month ago

to: [email protected]
    cc: [email protected]
    date: Jul 14, 2022, 3:32 PM
    subject: Records Request: (July 2022) Multi-part request for Lee County, NC Sheriff’s Office: Employee emails and messages 01/01/22 – 06/27/22

Good afternoon Lee County, NC Sheriff’s Office (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a public records request for information that may be available in your office.

If you’re not the appropriate party to contact about the request, please provide the correct name and email address of whom I should send it to.

Please confirm receipt to let me know the request will begin processing, and if possible, please provide a rough estimate of when the request may be completed. I will plan on following up again around the end of the month if I have not heard back before then.

Subject: (July 2022) Multi-part request for Lee County, NC Sheriff’s Office: Employee emails and messages 01/01/22 – 06/27/22

Message: “Good afternoon Lee County, NC Government and Sheriff’s Office (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a multi-part public records request for the following information under NC Public Records Law.

A. Please provide ALL emails from Lee County Sheriff’s Office employees Kevin Spivey ([email protected]) and Lee Whitaker ([email protected]) sent to or received from any and all of the following email addresses:

During the specific time period of January 01, 2022 to June 27, 2022.

This request is not subject specific.

Scott Drew, Leon Nelson, Kevin Spivey, Charles “CJ” Jones, Leon Godlock, Marcus Miller, Brian Heintz, Herbie Stubbs, Larry Whitaker, Nicki Artis, Harold Bright, Lindsay Welch, Michelle Archer, Todd O’Neal, Pete Locklear, Scott Grantham, Dallas Hicks

During the specific time period of January 01, 2022 to June 27, 2022.

This request is not subject specific.
    ——————

Sunshine Request
    PO Box 17391

** Sunshine Request (www.sunshinerequest.com) makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.

• July 6, 2022 4:07 pm