Other (indicate in message) Submitted: May 21, 2021 | Updated: June 9, 2021

Hello Watauga County, NC Government (Records Officer),

I'd like to make a public records request for the following information under NC Public Records Law. If you are not the custodian of the records requested, please let me know the correct contact info for where I should resend:

Please provide a list of all Watauga County, NC Magistrates working during the night [and] the overnight periods on 04/27/21 [and] on 04/48/21. I'm asking for names only.

• June 9, 2021 1:17 pm

4 days ago

to: [email protected]
    date: Jun 9, 2021, 1:17 PM
    subject: Records Request: (May 2021) Request for list of Watauga County, NC Magistrates working 04/27/21 – 04/28/21

Good afternoon Watauga County Clerk of Superior Court,

I’d like to make a public records request for information that may be available in your office.

Please confirm receipt to let me know the request will begin processing, and if possible, please provide a rough estimate of when the request may be completed. I will plan on following up again in late June if I have not heard back before then.

Subject: (May 2021) Request for list of Watauga County, NC Magistrates working 04/27/21 – 04/28/21

Message: “Hello Watauga County, NC Government (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a public records request for the following information under NC Public Records Law. If you are not the custodian of the records requested, please let me know the correct contact info for where I should resend:

Please provide a list of all Watauga County, NC Magistrates working during the night [and] the overnight periods on 04/27/21 [and] on 04/48/21. I’m asking for names only.

** Sunshine Request makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests or public records received.

• June 9, 2021 1:18 pm

4 days ago

to: “NCJC.LSD.Public Records” <[email protected]>
    date: Jun 9, 2021, 1:18 PM
    subject: Re: Webform submission from: Public Records Request

Good afternoon,

Thank you for clarifying! I will reach out to Watauga County clerk’s office for further information.

Appreciate your assistance.

Status: Clarification Provided
  • June 4, 2021 8:40 am

1 week ago

from: NCJC.LSD.Public Records <[email protected]>
    to:[email protected]” <[email protected]>
    date: Jun 4, 2021, 8:40 AM
    subject: RE: Webform submission from: Public Records Request

Good morning,

We are in receipt of your records request. The North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts is not the custodian of the records you are requesting. Typically, such schedules would be set by the Chief District Court Judge in the relevant county, or by his/her designee. Please contact the Watauga County clerk’s office for further information.

Thank you for your inquiry.

[email protected]

Status: Clarification Provided
  • June 2, 2021 4:30 pm

1 week ago

**Editor’s Note: This request has been sent in via a public records request form on NC Courts website. Thank you for using Sunshine Request!

to: “Deron.Geouque” <[email protected]>
    date: Jun 2, 2021, 4:30 PM
    subject: Re: Records Request: (May 2021) Request for list of Watauga County, NC Magistrates working 04/27/21 – 04/28/21

Good afternoon Deron,

Thank you for your response. I have sent this request to NC Courts.

Appreciate your help!

• May 24, 2021 8:20 pm

from: Deron.Geouque <[email protected]>
    to: Sunshine Request <[email protected]>
    date: May 24, 2021, 8:20 PM

The magistrates are not County employees. You would need to contact the State of North Carolina.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Deron Geouque

Watauga County Manager

814 West King Street

Boone, NC 28607

(P) 828-265-8000

(F) 828-264-3230

Email [email protected]

Status: Clarification Provided
  • May 24, 2021 4:49 pm

to: [email protected]
    date: May 24, 2021, 4:49 PM

Good afternoon Watauga County, NC Government (Records Officer),

Please confirm receipt to let me know the request will begin processing, and if possible, please provide a rough estimate of when the request may be completed. I will plan on following up again in early June if I have not heard back before then.

Message: “Hello Watauga County, NC Government (Records Officer),