Other (indicate in message) Submitted: May 10, 2022 | Updated: May 12, 2022

Hello Southeast Missouri State University (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a records request for the following information per the Missouri Sunshine Law.

Regarding faculty contract records:

Please provide copies of the contracts of all currently employed, incoming, and previously employed, Southeast Kent Library (TT, RNTT, and temporary) faculty, as well as their current salaries, job titles, and years of service hired between AY15-16 and upcoming AY 22-23.

If possible, please provide the responsive records in an electronic format such as .pdf, zip, google drive, dropbox link etc. when available.

** If you are unable to fulfill any or all parts of this request, please specifically cite where a reason for denial is justified under any public records laws, statutes, etc. **

• May 12, 2022 1:16 pm

3 days ago

to: “Martin, Christopher Ralph” <[email protected]>
    cc: “Renner, Christie Anne” <[email protected]>
    date: May 12, 2022, 1:16 PM
    subject: Re: Records Request: (May 2022) Request for Southeast Missouri State University: Library faculty employment contract records AY15-16 and AY 22-23

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.

Please disregard my mention of “Cleveland County” in the introductory sentence. That was an oversight on my part. SMSU is the intended recipient of the request.

The Subject and Message in the body of the request is correct. However, since you’ve asked, I have revised my email slightly and am resubmitting the request (see further below).

Regarding your comment:

“… Additionally, I responded to a similar request on this matter earlier this week that was submitted by a gmail account. If Southeast Missouri State University is the intended recipient, please revise your request and resend. Also, if this request is repetitive of the one the University has already acknowledged and is currently processing, you can resend and withdraw this request, just let us know…”

I am not aware of, nor associated with, any “similar” or “repetitive” request you might have received this week. I have not sent any other emails / requests to your office besides my submission yesterday at 3:58 PM EST. If you have received a similar request as mine from someone else, I understand there may be a desire to avoid duplication of efforts in processing both. However, I am making my own request and am not affiliated with anyone else you may have spoken to – Please move forward with my request.

I do not believe I am required to provide a name or address to associate with a public records request, but in order to move things along I’d like to clarify that this request is being made by:

Sunshine Request

PO Box 17391

The request has been sent solely from the email address [email protected] . If anyone other than that email address contacts you to pursue a similar request, it did not come from me. Please do not commingle or treat that as an alteration or cancellation of my request – I intend to continue to pursue my request.

———-———-———-

[REQUEST 05/12/22]

Hello Southeast Missouri State University (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a public records request for information that may be available in your office. Please confirm receipt to let me know the request will begin processing, and if possible, please provide a rough estimate of when the request may be completed. I will wait to follow up until a time you specify.

Subject: (May 2022) Request for Southeast Missouri State University: Library faculty employment contract records AY15-16 and AY 22-23

Message: “Hello Southeast Missouri State University (Records Officer),

Regarding faculty contract records:

Status: Clarification Provided
  • May 11, 2022 11:50 am

4 days ago

from: Martin, Christopher Ralph <[email protected]>
    to: Sunshine Request <[email protected]>
    cc: “Renner, Christie Anne” <[email protected]>
    date: May 11, 2022, 11:50 PM
    subject: RE: Records Request: (May 2022) Request for Southeast Missouri State University: Library faculty employment contract records AY15-16 and AY 22-23

This message is to confirm receipt of your message below. However, clarification is needed. The request is addressed to “Hello Cleveland County, NC Government (Records Officer).” This was received by Southeast Missouri State University, not Cleveland County. Thus, I do not believe we are the intended recipient. Additionally, I responded to a similar request on this matter earlier this week that was submitted by a gmail account. If Southeast Missouri State University is the intended recipient, please revise your request and resend. Also, if this request is repetitive of the one the University has already acknowledged and is currently processing, you can resend and withdraw this request, just let us know. Until we receive additional clarification from you, we will be taking no further action on this.

Regards,
    Chris

Status: Clarification Requested
  • May 11, 2022 3:58 pm

4 days ago

to: [email protected]
    date: May 11, 2022, 3:58 PM
    subject: Records Request: (May 2022) Request for Southeast Missouri State University: Library faculty employment contract records AY15-16 and AY 22-23

Hello Cleveland County, NC Government (Records Officer),

If you’re not the appropriate party to contact about the request, please provide the correct name and email address of whom I should send it to.

Please confirm receipt to let me know the request will begin processing, and if possible, please provide a rough estimate of when the request may be completed. I will plan on following up again around the end of the month if I have not heard back before then.

Message: “Hello Southeast Missouri State University (Records Officer),

Regarding faculty contract records:

** Sunshine Request (www.sunshinerequest.com) makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.

** Please note that we cannot commit to sign any forms or pay any potential fees / associated costs related to any requests on our site. If it is not possible to process the request without incurring fees, then please let me know the itemized potential cost, and I will ask that you cease processing the request at that time. I will note this information on our site, and will mark the request as “Completed”

• May 10, 2022 3:30 pm