Other (indicate in message) Submitted: November 14, 2022 | Updated: December 6, 2022

Hello Bladen County, NC Schools (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a multi-part public records request for the following information under NC Public Records Law.
Ref: https://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bychapter/chapter_132.html

This request is related to “agreements and invoices from Bladen County Schools” from 01/01/2018 to 11/01/2022

A) Please provide all agreements and invoices related to approving and/or paying for members of the Central Office Staff, including the Superintendent, to pursue education certifications, education licenses and post-secondary degrees. During the specific time period of 01/01/2018 through 11/01/2022.

B) Please provide all of Bladen County Schools’ policies and regulations that pertain to such employment benefits. Including the application and oversight process, the time-off rules, and reimbursement requirements. As of the present day.

Please Note: I am not requesting to come in person to inspect, nor to obtain printed copies of, electronic records. In accordance with NC Public Records Law, I’m requesting explicitly that all responsive records be provided via an electronic medium / format (in which the records should already exist), such as an email, file share, google drive folder, mailed flash drive if necessary, etc.

I do not have any additional or further clarifying info to provide other than what you see in the message above. If the request is not specific enough and/or if you are unable to fulfill any or all parts of this request, please specifically cite where a reason for denial is justified under NC Public Records Law.
——————

I am not required to provide a name or address to associate with a public records request, but in order to move things along I’d like to clarify that this request is being made by:

Sunshine Request
PO Box 17391

The request has been sent solely from the email address [email protected] . If anyone other than that email address contacts you to pursue a similar request, it did not come from me. Please do not commingle or treat that as an alteration or cancellation of my request – I intend to continue to pursue my request.

Please note that I cannot commit to sign any forms or pay any potential fees / associated costs related to any request. If it is not possible to process the request without incurring fees, then please let me know the itemized potential cost.

• December 6, 2022 11:45 am

3 days ago

to: Elly Johnson <[email protected]>
    cc: [email protected]
    date: Dec 6, 2022, 11:45 AM
    subject: Re: Records Request: (November 2022) Multi-part request for Bladen County, NC Schools: “Agreements and invoices” related to approving / payment to pursue education certifications, education licenses and post-secondary degrees. 01/01/2018 to 11/01/2022. And Current policies related to employment benefits, oversight process, time-off, and reimbursement requirements.

Good Afternoon Elly (and Sharon CC’ed),

I hope you’re having a good month so far!

I’m following up again on the records request above: (November 2022) Multi-part request for Bladen County, NC Schools: “Agreements and invoices” related to approving / payment to pursue education certifications, education licenses and post-secondary degrees. 01/01/2018 to 11/01/2022. And Current policies related to employment benefits, oversight process, time-off, and reimbursement requirements.

Can you please provide an anticipated timeline or date for completion of the request?

I will plan on following up again in mid-December if I don’t hear back before then.

Thank you for your help!

~ The Sunshine Request Team

• November 22, 2022 4:13 pm

to: Elly Johnson <[email protected]>
    date: Nov 22, 2022, 4:13 PM

Good afternoon Elly,

Thank you for your response!

Are you able to provide an estimated timeline for completion?

I will plan on following up again in early December if I don’t hear back before then.

Have a good Thanksgiving break!

Status: Government Processing Request
  • November 16, 2022 1:45 pm

from: Elly Johnson <[email protected]>
    to: [email protected]
    date: Nov 16, 2022, 1:45 PM
    subject: Records Request: (November 2022) Multi-part request for Bladen County, NC Schools: “Agreements and invoices” related to approving / payment to pursue education certifications, education licenses and post-secondary degrees. 01/01/2018 to 11/01/2022. And Current policies related to employment benefits, oversight process, time-off, and reimbursement requirements.

Good afternoon,

We have received your public records request and will respond accordingly.

Elly

ELLY JOHNSON
    DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & FAMILY ENGAGEMENT
    1489 US Hwy 701 South | P.O. Box 37 | Elizabethtown, NC 28337
    O: 910.862.4136 ext. 10018 | bladen.k12.nc.us | @BladenCountySchools

Status: Government Processing Request
  • November 15, 2022 4:55 pm

from: Dr. Jason Atkinson <[email protected]>
    to: [email protected]
    date: Nov 15, 2022, 4:55 PM
    subject: Out of the Office Auto-Reply Re: Records Request: (November 2022) Multi-part request for Bladen County, NC Schools: “Agreements and invoices” related to approving / payment to pursue education certifications, education licenses and post-secondary degrees. 01/01/2018 to 11/01/2022. And Current policies related to employment benefits, oversight process, time-off, and reimbursement requirements.

Thank you for your email. I am currently out of the office with limited access to email. Your message will be returned as promptly as possible upon my return to the office.

Jason B. Atkinson, Ed.D.
    Superintendent

• November 15, 2022 4:54 pm

to: [email protected]
    cc: [email protected],
    [email protected]
    date: Nov 15, 2022, 4:54 PM

Hello Bladen County, NC Schools (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a public records request for information that may be available in your office.

If you’re not the appropriate party to contact about the request, please provide the correct name and email address of whom I should send it to.

Please confirm receipt to let me know the request will begin processing, and if possible, please provide a rough estimate of when the request may be completed. I will plan on following up again around the end of the month if I have not heard back before then.

Subject: (November 2022) Multi-part request for Bladen County, NC Schools: “Agreements and invoices” related to approving / payment to pursue education certifications, education licenses and post-secondary degrees. 01/01/2018 to 11/01/2022. And Current policies related to employment benefits, oversight process, time-off, and reimbursement requirements.

Message: “Hello Bladen County, NC Schools (Records Officer),

——————

Sunshine Request
    PO Box 17391

** Sunshine Request (www.sunshinerequest.com) makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive

• November 14, 2022 4:05 pm