City of Asheville Submitted: April 20, 2021 | Updated: September 17, 2021

Hi City of Asheville, NC Government (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a multi-part public records request for the following information:

A) Please provide all communications records sent between the City Manager and any member of Asheville City Council on Friday, April 16th, 2021.

I specifically would like this request to include all forms of communication, including but not limited to: Emails, text messages, social media messages, call logs, or any other relevant public record.

This request should also include all attachments (pdfs, files, videos, hyperlinks, photos, etc), and forwards that are indicated within the responsive records. [For example: A .pdf that is an attachment within an email, should also be provided as a document along with the responsive emails].

Please include all of those additional documents where applicable, as relates to the requested information above.

If the records are ultimately too large to send via emailed file share, I’d ask that you please create a public Google Drive folder / link or some other file format to transfer the files electronically.

A1) I would like confirmation that searches have been performed for public records on City of Asheville emails as well as non-City of Asheville emails utilized by the City Manager or Council members.

A2) I would like confirmation that searches have been performed for public records that are call logs, voicemail messages, or SMS messages on the cell phones of the City Manager and each member of City Council.

A3) I would like confirmation that searches have been performed for public records that are social media messages or any other digital communications platform.

• September 17, 2021 3:57 pm

11 hours ago

to: Public Records Request Inbox <[email protected]>
    date: Sep 17, 2021, 3:57 PM
    subject: Re: Records Request: (April 2021) Request for Asheville, NC City Council and City Manager Communications on Friday, April 16, 2021

Good afternoon Asheville City Government,

I am following up again on this request that was sent in on 4/21: (April 2021) Request for Asheville, NC City Council and City Manager Communications on Friday, April 16, 2021

I wanted to check and see if there was any update to report? I will plan on following up again at the end of the month if I don’t hear back before then.

• September 1, 2021 1:31 pm

to: Liz Harper <[email protected]>
    cc: Public Records Request Inbox <[email protected]>
    date: Sep 1, 2021, 1:31 PM

Good afternoon Asheville City Government,

We were notified yesterday that Liz is no longer with the City. We had been emailing with her about this request that was sent in on 4/21: (April 2021) Request for Asheville, NC City Council and City Manager Communications on Friday, April 16, 2021

I just wanted to check in and see if there was any update to report as to the status of this request?

• August 31, 2021 1:15 pm

from: Liz Harper <[email protected]>
    to: [email protected]
    date: Aug 31, 2021, 1:15 PM

Hello and thank you for your email. I am no longer with the City of Asheville. To submit a public records request or check on the status of a request you have submitted, please visit our public records portal. For all other inquries, please email [email protected]

Status: Response Received from Government
  • August 31, 2021 1:15 pm

to: Liz Harper <[email protected]>
    date: Aug 31, 2021, 1:15 PM

Good afternoon Liz,

Checking in again on this request to see if there’s any update to report? I’ll plan on following up again in mid-September if I don’t hear back before then.

• July 28, 2021 3:43 pm

1 month ago

to: Liz Harper <[email protected]>
    date: Jul 28, 2021, 3:43 PM

Good afternoon Liz,

Thank you for the update! I will plan on following up again in late-August if I don’t hear back before then.

Appreciate your assistance!

Status: Government Processing Request
  • July 21, 2021 10:59 am

1 month ago

from: Liz Harper <[email protected]>
    to: Sunshine Request <[email protected]>
    date: Jul 21, 2021, 10:59 AM

Good morning Sunshine Request,
    This request is now second in the queue.
    All best,

Liz Harper (she/her)
    Public Records Officer, City of Asheville
    (828) 259-5631 [email protected]

Status: Government Processing Request
  • July 16, 2021 12:59 pm

2 months ago

to: Liz Harper <[email protected]>
    date: Jul 16, 2021, 12:59 PM

Good afternoon Liz,

I am checking in on this request to see if there was any update to report? Is there an estimated timeline for completion? I am aware that back in April you had said it was number 14 in the queue.

• April 27, 2021 12:19 pm

4 months ago

to: Liz Harper <[email protected]>
    date: Apr 27, 2021, 12:19 PM

Good afternoon Liz,

Thank you for confirming receipt of this request. I’ll plan on following up in mid-June if I haven’t heard anything by then.

Appreciate your help!

Status: Government Processing Request
  • April 22, 2021 1:17 pm

4 months ago

from: Liz Harper <[email protected]>
    to: Sunshine Request <[email protected]>
    date: Apr 22, 2021, 1:17 PM

Good afternoon Sunshine Request,
    I have received your public records request and will forward it to the appropriate person(s) for processing. The email portion of this request is number 14 and I will ask Ms. Campbell and Council members to collect and provide the other records. Once processing is complete, I will forward you any responsive records. In the meantime, please let me know if you have questions.
    All best,

Liz Harper (she/her)
    Public Records Officer, City of Asheville
    (828) 259-5631 [email protected]

Status: Government Processing Request
  • April 21, 2021 4:23 pm

4 months ago

to: Liz Harper <[email protected]>
    date: Apr 21, 2021, 4:23 PM
    subject: Records Request: (April 2021) Request for Asheville, NC City Council and City Manager Communications on Friday, April 16, 2021

Good afternoon City of Asheville Government,

I’d like to make a public records request for information that may be available in your office. If you are not the appropriate entity to handle this request, please let me know where to send instead.

Please confirm receipt to let me know the request will begin processing, and if possible, please provide a rough estimate of when the request may be completed. I will plan on following up at the end of this month l if I have not heard back before then.

Subject: (April 2021) Request for Asheville, NC City Council and City Manager Communications on Friday, April 16, 2021

Message: “Hi City of Asheville, NC Government (Records Officer),

**Sunshine Request makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.

• April 20, 2021 6:21 pm