Other (indicate in message) Submitted: December 14, 2022 | Updated: February 2, 2023

I'd like to make a public records request for the following information under NC Public Records Law.
Ref: https://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bychapter/chapter_132.html

Please provide ALL emails “Sent By” Paul Rockenbach, during the specific time period of January 01, 2022 through the present day (date the query is performed). This request is not subject or keyword specific -- I'd like "ALL Emails Sent" during the specified time period.

Note: [If such a record exists] Please DO NOT include personally identifying information such as name, address, case number, etc. about possible victims of crimes. If necessary, please redact.

**I am not requesting to come in person to inspect, nor to obtain printed copies of, electronic records. In accordance with NC Public Records Law, I’m requesting explicitly that all responsive records be provided via an electronic medium / format (in which the records should already exist), such as an email, file share, google drive folder, mailed flash drive if necessary, etc.

I do not have any additional or further clarifying info to provide other than what you see in the message above. If you are unable to fulfill any or all parts of this request, please specifically cite where a reason for denial is justified under NC Public Records Law.**
——————

I am not required to provide a name or address to associate with a public records request, but in order to move things along I’d like to clarify that this request is being made by:

Sunshine Request
PO Box 17391

The request has been sent solely from the email address [email protected] . If anyone other than that email address contacts you to pursue a similar request, it did not come from me. Please do not commingle or treat that as an alteration or cancellation of my request – I intend to continue to pursue my request.

Please note that I cannot commit to sign any forms or pay any potential fees / associated costs related to any request. If it is not possible to process the request without incurring fees, then please let me know the itemized potential cost.

Editor’s Note 12/14/22: The submission above has been revised for clarity.

Sunshine Request will not fulfill the following types of requests:

☀️ Requests for public safety information specific to a single individual, address, incident or name.

This includes police reports, calls for service, complaints / incident reports / citations, criminal / arrest type records, or camera footage. We will, on a case by case basis, fulfill public safety related requests that focus on system-level trends and data.

Due to the personal nature of this type of information, we recommend that the sender reach out directly to the appropriate entity for assistance with the request.

Before submitting a request, please take a moment to review our tips for How to write and make a successful request. If you have additional questions about our site or how to make requests, please check out our FAQs or Policies page.

Thank you for using Sunshine Request!

• February 2, 2023 2:16 pm

7 hours ago

**2/2/23 Editor’s Note: We’ve been emailing with Columbus County to follow up on this request since 1/10, specifically related to a file they sent us on 01/09/23. It is unclear whether that file contains complete and updated information to fulfill the request, and we are awaiting further clarification from their office. We’ll post any additional information once it becomes available. Thank you for using Sunshine Request!

• January 9, 2023 12:37 pm

to: [email protected],
    [email protected]
    date: Jan 9, 2023, 12:37 PM
    subject: Re: Records Request: (December 2022) Request for Columbus County [Whiteville, NC] Government: All emails Sent By employee from 01/01/2022 – present day.

Good afternoon Columbus County [Whiteville, NC] Government (Records Officer),

This is my second attempt to follow up on my public records request. First sent to your offices on 12/15/2022:

To date, I have not received any response.

Please confirm the request has been received on your end, and please provide an anticipated date of completion. I will follow up again around the time you specify.

In any case, I’ll plan to follow up again this month if I have not heard back — At that point I will have to mark this request as “Denied” by your office.

~ The Sunshine Request Team

• December 29, 2022 1:54 pm

1 month ago

to: [email protected], [email protected]
    date: Dec 29, 2022, 1:54 PM

Good afternoon Columbus County [Whiteville, NC] Government (Records Officer),

I’m following up on this public records request that was sent in on 12/15: (December 2022) Request for Columbus County [Whiteville, NC] Government: All emails Sent By employee from 01/01/2022 – present day.

Please confirm that the request has been received on your end, and if / when it will begin being processed. Please provide a timeline or rough estimate as to when the request will be completed, and I will follow up around the time you specify.

In any case, I’ll plan to follow up again in January if I have not heard back before then.

Happy New Year!

• December 15, 2022 2:56 pm

1 month ago

to: [email protected], [email protected]
    date: Dec 15, 2022, 2:56 PM
    subject: Records Request: (December 2022) Request for Columbus County [Whiteville, NC] Government: All emails Sent By employee from 01/01/2022 – present day.

Hello Columbus County [Whiteville, NC] Government (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a public records request for information that may be available in your office.

If you’re not the appropriate party to contact about the request, please provide the correct name and email address of whom I should send it to.

Please confirm receipt to let me know the request will begin processing, and if possible, please provide a rough estimate of when the request may be completed. I will plan on following up again around the end of the month if I have not heard back before then.

Subject: (December 2022) Request for Columbus County [Whiteville, NC] Government: All emails Sent By employee from 01/01/2022 – present day.

Message: “Hello Columbus County, NC Government and/or Sheriff’s Department (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a public records request for the following information under NC Public Records Law.

Please provide ALL emails “Sent By” Paul Rockenbach, during the specific time period of January 01, 2022 through the present day (date the query is performed). This request is not subject or keyword specific — I’d like “ALL Emails Sent” during the specified time period.

——————

Sunshine Request
    PO Box 17391

itemized potential cost.

** Sunshine Request (www.sunshinerequest.com) makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.

• December 14, 2022 5:35 pm