Other (indicate in message) Submitted: July 2, 2024 | Updated: July 11, 2024

Good afternoon Megan and Davin, (or Records Officer / Custodian(s) of these records),

Please reply promptly to the following public records request, which I’m making in accordance with NC Public Records Law. https://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bychapter/chapter_132.html

I am submitting this new request to you two directly, since Megan asked me to do so. However, I just want to note again that by Law I’m allowed to submit a public records request directly to anyone I feel might be the custodian(s) of those records. That is why, in some cases, you may see me CC other people within Lincoln County Gov to get a response. I will continue to submit new requests to Megan and Davin first -- but please note that if I don’t receive a reply or if I need to follow up with various departments / custodians, then I will include anyone who may be relevant in my response.

Please provide the electronic copy of all monthly credit card bank statements, and all receipts, for all employees reporting to the “Administration Building at 353 North Generals Blvd” – during the specific time period(s) of 08/01/2023 through 11/30/2023, and 03/01/2024 through 06/30/2024. This should include but is not limited to: Madden, Gilbert, McCrickard, Farmer, Stevens, Rios, Leon, Hansen, Hallman, Henry, Fields and Watson.

If there are no credit card transactions, please provide the statements (even if showing a zero balance). This request should also include use of all personal cards that were reimbursed. "Credit Cards" should be defined to include "procurement" cards and other forms of EBT Cards.

Ideally, I’d like to receive the responsive records in a PDF or other machine-readable format.

** I’m simply requesting an electronic copy of an electronic record, if one exists. I’m NOT asking for the opportunity to come in person to "inspect", nor to obtain a printed copy of, this electronic record. I’m requesting explicitly that any responsive info be provided to me via the electronic medium / electronic format (in which the copy of this record already exists). If you are unable to fulfill any or all parts of this request, please specifically cite where a reason for denial is justified under NC Public Records Law. **
————————————

Please note that by submitting this request, I’m NOT agreeing to pay any potential fees or associated costs related to my request. If it isn’t possible to process the request without incurring fees, then please let me know the itemized potential cost and clear explanations of those charges upfront, and DO NOT proceed until I respond.

By Law I’m not required to provide a name or address to associate with a public records request, but in order to move things along I’d like to clarify that this request is being made by:

Sunshine Request
PO Box 17391

The request has been sent solely by me and my email address [email protected] . If anyone other than that email address contacts you to pursue a similar request, it did not come from me. Please do not commingle or treat that as an alteration or cancellation of my request – I intend to continue to pursue my request.

** Sunshine Request (www.sunshinerequest.com) makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.

Editor’s Note: Sunshine Request makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.

Status: Completed

• July 11, 2024 2:23 pm

1 day ago

to: Megan Gilbert <[email protected]>
    cc:[email protected]” <[email protected]>
    date: Jul 11, 2024, 2:23 PM
    subject: Re: Public records request. (July 2024) Request for Lincoln County, NC Government: Related to monthly credit card statements, and receipts. From 08/01/23 – 11/30/23 and 03/01/24 – 06/30/24.

Hi Megan,

I reviewed your message. Later this evening or early tomorrow I will mark the request as “Completed” on our website.

Thank you very much for your prompt assistance with my request!

~ The Sunshine Request Team

Status: Completed
  • July 10, 2024 2:06 pm

2 days ago

from: Megan Gilbert <[email protected]>
    to: Sunshine Request <[email protected]>
    cc:[email protected]” <[email protected]>
    date: Jul 10, 2024, 2:06 PM
    subject: RE: Public records request. (July 2024) Request for Lincoln County, NC Government: Related to monthly credit card statements, and receipts. From 08/01/23 – 11/30/23 and 03/01/24 – 06/30/24.

Good afternoon.

Please see attached.

Megan H. Gilbert

COUNTY ATTORNEY | LINCOLN COUNTY

353 N. Generals Blvd.

P.O. Box 738

Lincolnton, NC 28092

Main: 704-736-8471

Direct: 704-666-6965

Please take note that my email address has recently changed to [email protected]

PRIVILEGE and CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent by an attorney. It may contain information that is confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise requires protection under federal or state law. The information contained in this email message is intended only for the confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, or disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please delete this message and any attachments/copies from your system without reading the content and notify the sender immediately by email of the inadvertent transmission. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege that may attach to this communication.

Disclaimer
    Pursuant to North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 132, Public Records, this electronic mail message and any attachments hereto, as well as any electronic mail message(s) sent in response to it, may be considered public record and as such subject to request and review by anyone at any time.

**Editor’s Note: Please see the 2 files referenced (“republicrecordsrequest_july2024requestforlincoln-1.zip”) at top left in our Documents section.

Status: Response Received from Government
  • July 3, 2024 2:33 pm

1 week ago

from: Megan Gilbert <[email protected]>
    to: Sunshine Request <[email protected]>
    cc: Davin Madden <[email protected]>
    date: Jul 3, 2024, 2:33 PM

This request has been received.

Megan H. Gilbert

COUNTY ATTORNEY | LINCOLN COUNTY

353 N. Generals Blvd.

P.O. Box 738

Lincolnton, NC 28092

Main: 704-736-8471

Direct: 704-666-6965

Disclaimer

Status: Government Processing Request
  • July 2, 2024 4:14 pm

1 week ago

to: Megan Gilbert <[email protected]>
    cc: [email protected]
    date: Jul 2, 2024, 4:14 PM
    subject: Public records request. (July 2024) Request for Lincoln County, NC Government: Related to monthly credit card statements, and receipts. From 08/01/23 – 11/30/23 and 03/01/24 – 06/30/24.

I am submitting this new request to you two directly, since Megan asked me to do so. However, I just want to note again that by Law I’m allowed to submit a public records request directly to anyone I feel might be the custodian(s) of those records. That is why, in some cases, you may see me CC other people within Lincoln County Gov to get a response. I will continue to submit new requests to Megan and Davin first — but please note that if I don’t receive a reply or if I need to follow up with various departments / custodians, then I will include anyone who may be relevant in my response.

If there are no credit card transactions, please provide the statements (even if showing a zero balance). This request should also include use of all personal cards that were reimbursed. “Credit Cards” should be defined to include “procurement” cards and other forms of EBT Cards.

** I’m simply requesting an electronic copy of an electronic record, if one exists. I’m NOT asking for the opportunity to come in person to “inspect”, nor to obtain a printed copy of, this electronic record. I’m requesting explicitly that any responsive info be provided to me via the electronic medium / electronic format (in which the copy of this record already exists). If you are unable to fulfill any or all parts of this request, please specifically cite where a reason for denial is justified under NC Public Records Law. **
    ————————————