Other (indicate in message) Submitted: May 15, 2024 | Updated: May 31, 2024

(May 2024) Request for Guilford County, NC Government: List of all current employees, elected officials, and their salaries. As of the present day.

I’d like to make a public records request for info that may be available in your office. Here are the details of my request:

SUBJECT:

MESSAGE:
Good afternoon Records Officer / Custodian(s) of these Records,

Please reply promptly to the following public records request, which I’m making in accordance with NC Public Records Law. https://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bychapter/chapter_132.html

The type of basic salary data I’m requesting is simple to provide, is very commonly produced, and is widely considered a matter of public record as part of the public personnel file of employees. Many NC entities fulfill requests like this via email in 1 week, and in many cases 1 day. You’ve also fulfilled a request like this for me before.

Please provide a list of all current Guilford County, NC employees and their annual salaries, as of the present day [on the date the query is performed]. This list should include any “elected officials”. Please include the following:

1) Employee first / last name
2) Date of hire
3) Position / title / department
4) Salary [including hourly wage, hourly rate, or salary -- whichever payment structure is applicable to the employee]

Ideally, I’d like to receive the responsive records in an Excel or other machine-readable format. If any / all of this info is already publicly available online, please provide a link to where it can be accessed.

** I’m simply requesting an electronic copy of an electronic record, if one exists. I’m NOT asking for the opportunity to come in person to "inspect", nor to obtain a printed copy of, this electronic record. I’m requesting explicitly that any responsive info be provided to me via the electronic medium / electronic format (in which the copy of this record already exists). If you are unable to fulfill any or all parts of this request, please specifically cite where a reason for denial is justified under NC Public Records Law. **
————————————

Please note that by submitting this request, I’m NOT agreeing to pay any potential fees or associated costs related to my request. If it isn’t possible to process the request without incurring fees, then please let me know the itemized potential cost and clear explanations of those charges upfront, and DO NOT proceed until I respond.

By Law I’m not required to provide a name or address to associate with a public records request, but in order to move things along I’d like to clarify that this request is being made by:

Sunshine Request
PO Box 17391

The request has been sent solely by me and my email address [email protected] . If anyone other than that email address contacts you to pursue a similar request, it did not come from me. Please do not commingle or treat that as an alteration or cancellation of my request – I intend to continue to pursue my request.

** Sunshine Request (www.sunshinerequest.com) makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.

• May 31, 2024 2:07 pm

1 week ago

**Editor’s Note: The following message was sent via Guilford County’s NextRequest portal.

Good afternoon,

I submitted the request above to your offices on May 15, 2024.

The type of basic salary data I’ve requested is simple to provide, is very commonly produced, and is widely considered a matter of public record as part of the public personnel file of employees. Many NC entities fulfill requests like this via email in 1 week, and in many cases 1 day. You have also fulfilled a request like this for me before.

Please provide me with an anticipated timeline or a date for the completion of my request.

~ The Sunshine Request Team

May 31, 2024, 2:07pm by the requester

• May 23, 2024 5:37 pm

Good evening Guilford County records officer,

I submitted the request above on May 15, 2024.

Can you please provide an anticipated date or timeline for the completion of this request?

Thank you for your help!

~ The Sunshine Request Team

May 23, 2024, 5:37pm by the requester

• May 15, 2024 3:43 pm

Message to requester

Thank you for contacting Guilford County. We have received your request and are working to determine if there are any responsive documents.

Please note: no fees have been calculated at this time. We will notify you via this portal if there are any costs associated with your request.

May 15, 2024, 3:43pm

from: Guilford County Public Records <[email protected]>
    reply-to: [email protected]
    to: [email protected]
    date: May 15, 2024, 3:43 PM
    subject: Your Guilford County public records request #24-523 has been opened.

Guilford County Public Records

Your record request #24-523 has been submitted successfully.

View Request 24-523

As the requester, you can always see the status of your request by signing into the Guilford County portal.

If you haven’t already signed in, you may need to activate or setup your account to get started. Once your account is activated, you can communicate directly with the Guilford County through NextRequest.

**Editor’s Note 05/15/24: The following request was submitted to Guilford County, NC Government at 3:43pm EST via our login on the County’s public records portal, NextRequest. We will post any updates we receive, on our website. Thank you for using Sunshine Request!

SUBJECT:

MESSAGE:

Good afternoon Records Officer / Custodian(s) of these Records,

1) Employee first / last name

2) Date of hire

3) Position / title / department

4) Salary [including hourly wage, hourly rate, or salary — whichever payment structure is applicable to the employee]

** I’m simply requesting an electronic copy of an electronic record, if one exists. I’m NOT asking for the opportunity to come in person to “inspect”, nor to obtain a printed copy of, this electronic record. I’m requesting explicitly that any responsive info be provided to me via the electronic medium / electronic format (in which the copy of this record already exists). If you are unable to fulfill any or all parts of this request, please specifically cite where a reason for denial is justified under NC Public Records Law. **

————————————