Buncombe County Submitted: September 7, 2022 | Updated: September 16, 2022

Hello Buncombe County, NC Government (Records Officer),

I'd like to make a multi-part public records request for the following information under NC Public Records Law.
Ref: https://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bychapter/chapter_132.html

After reviewing the following URL: https://www.buncombecounty.org/transparency/boards-commissions/default.aspx# , it seems to me that your office is the most appropriate entity to address my request (related to AB Tech/Buncombe County Joint Capital Advisory Committee Meetings). However, if I should be contacting someone else, please let me know their contact information.

A. Please provide all AB Tech/Buncombe County Joint Capital Advisory Committee meeting agendas, meeting minutes, meeting “handouts”, meeting notices, pre-meeting minutes/materials. This should include all regular and special meetings. During the specific time period of 07/01/2021 to 09/07/2022 (or present day).

If any / all of this info is already publicly available online, please provide a link to where it can be accessed.

B. Additionally - please provide the contact email address to which requests for “meeting notifications” / alerts may be sent.

** If you are unable to fulfill any or all parts of this request, please specifically cite where a reason for the denial is justified under NC Public Records Law. **

Status: Clarification Requested

• September 16, 2022 5:49 pm

1 week ago

to: “Kassi L. Day” <[email protected]>
    cc: “Michael C. Frue” <[email protected]>
    date: Sep 16, 2022, 5:49 PM
    subject: Re: Records Request: (September 2022) Multi-part request for Buncombe County, NC Government: AB Tech/Buncombe County Joint Capital Advisory Committee meeting materials 07/01/21 – 09/07/22

Hi Kassi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am aware of the contact for general records requests at AB-Tech. It is Kerri Glover.

We are actively engaged in trying to fulfill several requests with AB-Tech. To date, we have had little success.

If Buncombe County Gov. does not maintain, hold, or have access to the records that have been requested above, please clearly specify and I will reach out to AB-Tech instead.

It would be helpful, however, if you can also please let me know if there is an additional contact, besides Kerri, to whom this request should also be sent.

Thank you for your help!

~ Lauren (and the Sunshine Request Team)

Status: Clarification Requested
  • September 16, 2022 4:52 pm

1 week ago

from: Kassi L. Day <[email protected]>
    to: Sunshine Request <[email protected]>
    cc: “Michael C. Frue” <[email protected]>
    date: Sep 15, 2022, 4:52 PM
    subject: RE: Records Request: (September 2022) Multi-part request for Buncombe County, NC Government: AB Tech/Buncombe County Joint Capital Advisory Committee meeting materials 07/01/21 – 09/07/22

Thanks Sunshine, I believe your contact for this is going to be A-B Tech. I’ll see if I can track down a name for you. Thanks,

Kassi Day
    She/her

Status: Response Received from Government
  • September 15, 2022 2:45 pm

1 week ago

to: “Kassi L. Day” <[email protected]>
    cc: “Michael C. Frue” <[email protected]>
    date: Sep 15, 2022, 2:45 PM

Good afternoon Buncombe County Government,

I’m following up on this public records request that was sent in on 9/8: (September 2022) Multi-part request for Buncombe County, NC Government: AB Tech/Buncombe County Joint Capital Advisory Committee meeting materials 07/01/21 – 09/07/22

Please confirm that the request has been received on your end, and if / when it will begin being processed. Please provide a timeline or rough estimate as to when the request will be completed, and I will follow up around the time you specify.

In any case, I’ll plan to follow up again at the end of the month if I have not heard back before then.

• September 8, 2022 1:46 pm

from: Michael C. Frue <[email protected]>
    to: Sunshine Request <[email protected]>
    date: Sep 8, 2022, 1:46 PM
    subject: Automatic reply: Records Request: (September 2022) Multi-part request for Buncombe County, NC Government: AB Tech/Buncombe County Joint Capital Advisory Committee meeting materials 07/01/21 – 09/07/22

I will be out of the office from Sept. 7 – Sept. 18. If you need immediate assistance please contact Curt Euler or Brandon Freeman. Thank you.

• September 8, 2022 4:47 pm

to: “Kassi L. Day” <[email protected]>
    cc: “Michael C. Frue” <[email protected]>
    date: Sep 8, 2022, 4:47 PM
    subject: Records Request: (September 2022) Multi-part request for Buncombe County, NC Government: AB Tech/Buncombe County Joint Capital Advisory Committee meeting materials 07/01/21 – 09/07/22

Good afternoon Buncombe County Government,

I’d like to make a public records request for information that
    may be available in your office.

If you’re not the appropriate party to contact about the request, please provide the correct name and email address of whom I should send it to.

Please confirm receipt to let me know the request will begin processing, and if possible, please provide a rough estimate of when the request may be completed. I will plan on following up again around the end of the month if I have not heard back before then.

Subject: (September 2022) Multi-part request for Buncombe County, NC Government: AB Tech/Buncombe County Joint Capital Advisory Committee meeting materials 07/01/21 – 09/07/22

Message: “Hello Buncombe County, NC Government (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a multi-part public records request for the following information under NC Public Records Law.

B. Additionally – please provide the contact email address to which requests for “meeting notifications” / alerts may be sent.

** Sunshine Request (www.sunshinerequest.com) makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.

• September 7, 2022 1:57 pm