Other (indicate in message) Submitted: November 4, 2022 | Updated: December 8, 2022

Hello City of Northwest, NC Government (Records Officer),

I'd like to make a public records request for the following information under NC Public Records Law.
Ref: https://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bychapter/chapter_132.html

Please provide all emails Sent by any individual holding the title of Chief of Police [no matter if they were interim, acting, appointed, or hired as Chief] of the Northwest, NC Police Department. During the specific time period of January 01, 2022 through present day (date the query is performed). This request is not subject specific -- I'd like "ALL Emails Sent" during the specified time period.

I am not requesting to come in person to inspect, nor to obtain printed copies of, electronic records. In accordance with NC Public Records Law, I’m requesting explicitly that all responsive records be provided via an electronic medium / format (in which the records should already exist), such as an email, file share, google drive folder, mailed flash drive if necessary, etc.

**I do not have any additional or further clarifying info to provide other than what you see in the message above. If you are unable to fulfill any or all parts of this request, please specifically cite where a reason for denial is justified under NC Public Records Law.**
—----------

[ Editor's Note to City of Northwest: This request has been sent solely from the email address [email protected] . If anyone other than that email address contacts you to pursue a similar request, it did not come from our Team. Please do not commingle or treat that as an alteration or cancellation of our request – We intend to continue to pursue our request.

Please note that we cannot commit to sign any forms or pay any potential fees / associated costs related to any request. If it is not possible to process the request without incurring fees, then please let us know the itemized potential cost. ]

• December 8, 2022 12:24 pm

1 day ago

to: Finance Clerk <[email protected]>
    cc: [email protected]
    date: Dec 8, 2022, 12:24 PM
    subject: Re: Records Request: (November 2022) Request for City of Northwest, NC Government: All emails Sent by any interim, appointed, acting, or hired Police Chief. 01/01/2022 – present day.

Good Afternoon City of Northwest, NC Government / Donna (Mayor cc’ed),

This is my 4th attempt to follow up regarding my public records request above. Sent to Donna on 11/04/2022:

I have not received any response.

I also called the City at (910) 655-3110 during the afternoon on 11/29/22, and spoke with someone in Donna’s office. I told them I was following up on our emails that have not been answered, and wanted to make sure the request has been received and check there isn’t another email address where we should be sending them. We provided additional context about the request subject / dates, etc. Donna was out of office, but hopefully received our message.

I’d like to ask again that you please confirm the request has been received on your end, and if / when it will begin being processed. Please provide an anticipated date for completion, and I will follow up around the time you specify.

If I do not hear back from you in a week, I will mark the request as “Denied” on our website.

~ The Sunshine Request Team

• November 29, 2022 4:12 pm

1 week ago

Editor’s Note 11/29/22: We called the City of Northwest, NC just now [910-655-3110] and spoke with someone in Donna’s office. We told them we’re following up on our emails that have not been answered, and wanted to make sure that the request has been received and check there isn’t another email address where we should be sending them. We provided additional context about the request subject / dates, etc.

Donna is out of office, but should hopefully receive our message and follow up with us via email soon. If we do not hear back, we’ll follow up again in another week or so.

• November 21, 2022 1:10 pm

to: Finance Clerk <[email protected]>
    cc: [email protected]
    date: Nov 21, 2022, 1:10 PM

Good Afternoon City of Northwest, NC Government / Donna (Mayor cc’ed),

This is my second attempt to follow up regarding my public records request above. Sent to Donna on 11/04/2022:

I have not received any response.

Please confirm the request has been received on your end, and if / when it will begin being processed. Please provide an anticipated date for completion, and I will follow up around the time you specify.

~ The Sunshine Request Team

• November 11, 2022 5:19 pm

to: Finance Clerk <[email protected]>
    cc: [email protected]
    date: Nov 11, 2022, 5:19 PM

Good Afternoon City of Northwest, NC Government,

I’m following up on this public records request that I sent in on 11/4: (November 2022) Request for City of Northwest, NC Government: All emails Sent by any interim, appointed, acting, or hired Police Chief. 01/01/2022 – present day.

Please confirm that the request has been received on your end, and if / when it will begin being processed. Please provide a timeline or rough estimate as to when the request will be completed, and I will follow up around the time you specify.

In any case, I’ll plan to follow up again at the end of the month if I have not heard back before then.

• November 4, 2022 6:38 pm

1 month ago

to: Finance Clerk <[email protected]>
    date: Nov 4, 2022, 6:38 PM
    subject: Records Request: (November 2022) Request for City of Northwest, NC Government: All emails Sent by any interim, appointed, acting, or hired Police Chief. 01/01/2022 – present day.

Good afternoon Northwest, NC Government (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a public records request for information that may be available in your office.

If you’re not the appropriate party to contact about the request, please provide the correct name and email address of whom I should send it to.

Please confirm receipt to let me know the request will begin processing, and if possible, please provide a rough estimate of when the request may be completed. I will plan on following up again around the end of the month if I have not heard back before then.

Subject: (November 2022) Request for City of Northwest, NC Government: All emails Sent by any interim, appointed, acting, or hired Police Chief. 01/01/2022 – present day.

Message: “Hello City of Northwest, NC Government (Records Officer),

I’d like to make a public records request for the following information under NC Public Records Law.

Please provide all emails Sent by any individual holding the title of Chief of Police [no matter if they were interim, acting, appointed, or hired as Chief] of the Northwest, NC Police Department. During the specific time period of January 01, 2022 through present day (date the query is performed). This request is not subject specific — I’d like “ALL Emails Sent” during the specified time period.

————-

[ Editor’s Note to City of Northwest: This request has been sent solely from the email address [email protected] . If anyone other than that email address contacts you to pursue a similar request, it did not come from our Team. Please do not commingle or treat that as an alteration or cancellation of our request – We intend to continue to pursue our request.

** Sunshine Request (www.sunshinerequest.com) makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.

• November 4, 2022 11:57 am