from: Sunshine Request <[email protected]>
to: Aaron Sarver <[email protected]>
date: Oct 1, 2019, 3:01 PM
subject: Records Request: (September 2019) Request for Buncombe Sheriff Department Motorcycle Unit info
Good Afternoon Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office,
We’ve received a request via www.sunshinerequest.com for information that may be available in your office. If you could please give us a rough estimate of when you think this request will be completed we can plan on following up again around that time.
We’ve received a lot of vehicle related requests, and we greatly appreciate all of your help! Additionally, just as a reminder, any correspondence related to requests on our site will only come directly via our email, r[email protected]
Here are the details of the request:
Subject: (September 2019) Request for Buncombe Sheriff Department Motorcycle Unit info
We would like to request the following information:
1. Is the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office forming a motorcycle unit?
2. If so, what is the purpose/necessity of this unit?
3. Motorcycle units historically enforce traffic laws / investigate traffic crashes – does the Sheriff’s Office conduct traffic crash investigations?
4. Will the 6 (currently) open/unfilled positions in the Patrol Division be filled prior to hiring for the Motorcycle Unit positions?
5. How many positions will this unit require?
6. Will these positions be funded from the recent budget allocations for additional patrol deputies that Sheriff Miller requested from Commissioners?
7. Has anyone been hired for this unit already?
8. In cold/inclement weather, what vehicles will members of this unit operate?
9. What is the cost of equipment, including all vehicles outfitted, for this unit and how will that be funded?
10. Please include any and all emails, text messages or any other form of electronic communications from BCSO command staff and/or supervisors and/or Sheriff Miller concerning the formation/operation/discussion of a motorcycle unit.
** [Editor’s Note: The requestor indicated in the “Start Date” / “End Date” section of the form on our site that the timeline of information to be included in the request should be January 01, 2019 – August 28, 2019.]”
Sunshine Request makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.
Thank you for your assistance!
Sent to Government